The Priest Kangaroo
(Zaloga, 1994, p.64: The Tank Museum)
A column of Priest Kangaroos on the move troops forward in Normandy during August 1944. 
The leading vehicle was built with the three-piece final drive housing, heavy duty bogies with trailing return rollers and T48 rubber chevron tracks. While still a Priest SP Gun and in the UK being prepared for Overlord, Additional Armour was bolted to the hull sides.
After being 'unfrocked', the gun aperture was closed off with (armour) steel plate (note the chalked '69'), and the .50 cal HMG was retained. It is carrying fourteen troops, although as much as twenty could be crammed in.

Back to the Priest Kangaroo

Page Copyright © 1999, 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment Association, All Rights Reserved