This free and personal website is dedicated to sailing vacations in both Greece and Turkey, covering both the
Ionian and Aegean Seas as well as the Turquoise coast of Turkey and the Argo-Saronic Gulf near Athens. Since this is actually my old domain, you should also
look at the additional charts, articles, itineraries, marine courses and sailing information of the CSC that are provided on sailingissues.com, my current
Overview of this free website
The most important page is no doubt my much praised yacht charter guide, which is a unique resource to
help you plan a successful cruise or sailing holiday in Greece or Turkey.
With this guide you can decide where and when to sail, either bareboat, skippered or with RYA / ASA sailing instruction. Or even fully crewed charters like motorsailer gulets or megayachts & superyachts, all on the basis of objective information.
Last but not least: lots of visitors have shared there previous charter experiences with me, which enables me to recommend reliable yacht charter companies and gulet companies to you.
- Bareboat sailing (without a hired skipper or captain) is only possible if you have the appropriate skills to skipper your own yacht. Although you will lack the service and guiding of a local hostess, cook or captain, you will have total privacy as compensation. Moreover, it is cheaper than a crewed charter.
- Flotilla sailing allows you to skipper you own yacht since you will be guided by a flotilla leader who sails along with the fleet on another boat. Although you will not have a stranger on board, the routes are certainly not as interesting as the bareboat itineraries!
- Sailing Schools in Greece are ideally located in the Saronic near Athens. Here the waters are easy enough for novices, and the adjacent Cyclades are perfect for milebuilding weeks, night sailing and landfalls. There are several excellent RYA and ASA sailing schools on Poros island and Aegina island.
- Motorsailer gulets offer the most romantic cruises possible onboard these traditional wooded yachts (also known as caiques). Gulet cruises are usually full board & full charter and are very luxurious. Most of these motorsailers can be found in the Dodecanese of Greece and the adjacent Turquoise coasts of Turkey.
- Blue cruises & blue voyages are a special luxurious set of gulet cruises that mainly take place along the Ionian, Carian and Lycian coasts of Turkey. The original gulets derive from Bodrum, but also the ports of Marmaris, Izmir, Fethiye and Antalya are known for there quality gulets (or goulettes).
- Superyachts & megayachts perhaps lacks the romantic charm of a wooden gulet, but allows you to reach distant areas such as the beautiful islands of Santorini, Patmos, Rhodes, Amorgos, or Milos, all because of superior speed.
- Greece and the Greek islands of the Aegean and Ionian seas are well known for the myriad archaeological sites and ancient Greek monuments. Also, the sailing climate is ideal and the innumerable islands provide a huge amount of hidden bays, anchorages and picturesque ports.
- The Turquoise coast of Turkey is much indented with lots of beautiful translucent blue bays, hence the name
Turquoise coast. These shores are further blessed with an abundance of fish and other marine life and of course the local haute cuisine: the Turkish kitchen is very famous.