Home - Software - EarthMap
EarthMap is an electronic globe.
- Draws 'maps' of Earth, using a public domain database containing 5,719,617
line segments that describe the coordinates and outline the shapes of a number
of natural and man-made features (including coastlines, country borders,
rivers, lakes, canals, glaciers, etc.).
- Provides an extensive array of viewing facilities, including pan, zoom and
- Can save any 'view' to a Draw file.
Note that the line segment database is not provided. It can currently be
downloaded (roughly 7 MB of data) from two places :
- The easy way : a 'prefab' local copy (this may vanish once I run out of web space).
Download these archives :
These are Spark archives. Simply copy their contents to the !EarthMap
- The hard way : a 'fiddly' www copy. Go
Then download all the Map.* files, append them to single files (e.g. append
Map.africa.tar.gz.0, .1 and .2 to africa.tar.gz), 'ungzip' and 'untar' them,
and rename the resulting files as shown in the !EarthMap.Maps directory. If you
desperately need help with this (and only then, please),
EarthMap is Freeware.
version 1.20 (27 June 2006),
|OS compatibility||RISC OS 3.1 and later|
|Processor compatibility||ARM 2 and later (26-bit modes only)||