Here is a short list of (some of) the Puzzle-books I own and enjoy reading (over and over and...):
- The Chicken from Minsk
- Yuri B. Chernyak and Robert M.Rose
- Basic Books, A division of HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. (1995)
- The best problem and puzzle book I encountered !
Category: Mathematical physics
(If you know any like these, Please let me know)
- Labyrinths of reason; Paradox, puzzles and the frailty of knowledge
- William Poundstone
- Penguin books (1991) (reprint)
- Real fun reading and... well the title says it all.
Category: Philosophy, puzzles
- What is the name of this book?
- The Lady or the Tiger?
- Raymond Smullyan
- I realy should include all of Smullyan's books... but I still haven't got anymore >-:
If you like logic puzzles then look for his books
(He also wrote some books with Chess puzzles)
- Mathematical puzzles & Diversions
- More Mathematical puzzles & Diversions
- Mathematical Carnival
- Martin Gardner
- Another very productive writer. Puzzles, but as (some of) the titles say, also other
interesting mathematics related stuff.
Category: mathematical puzzles,...
Author: Christian Eggermont
Last updated: 13 March 1997